Hon. Nicole L. Sanders
Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas
Drug Court Division
Hamilton County Courthouse
1000 Main Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Kourtney Porter, Bailiff
Phone Number: 513-946-5770
Isaiah Lumpkins, Director
Phone Number: 513-946-5773
Alexis Deatherage, Certification Coordinator
Phone Number: 513-946-5777
Doris Vincent, Specialized Docket Adm.
Phone Number: 513-946-5780
Specialized Docket Adm.
Fax Number: 513-946-5779
Hamilton County Drug Court
The goal of the drug court program is to break the cycle of recidivism by addressing an offender’s drug dependency.
What is the Hamilton County Drug Court?
The Drug Court of the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas was the first drug court established in Ohio and is the only full-time drug court in the State of Ohio. This court provides specialized supervision and treatment for defendants whose dependency upon substance use results in criminal penalties. The court handles felony 4 and 5 level offenses.
The Drug Court oversees treatment team meetings and status review hearings serving in a non-adversarial role. These hearings monitor the participants' performance and progress. The Drug Court ensures the protection of victims' rights and public safety via the recommendation of sanctions and incentives for participants. Those who voluntarily participate in the program seek to end their addiction thus improving the quality of their lives and furthering the public's security.
The Drug Court is treatment based. Participants will first be assessed to recommend proper treatment. Participation in the program includes regular court appearances before the Drug Court Judge with adjustments as needed.
Are You Eligible?
Legal and Treatment eligibilities include:
Legal Eligibility Guidelines
- Felony 4 and 5 level offenses
- No felony convictions of violence
- No history of drug trafficking
- Intervention can occur at multiple points of case processing including Judicial Transfer of New Cases Prior to Plea, Post Sentencing, Probation Violation, or Sentence Mitigation.
- Exclusions: NGRI; Incompetent to Stand Trial, Sex Offenses, Offenses involving Weapons in the Commission of the crime; Felony conviction of violence.
- Persistent Offending unrelated to trauma and other mental health disorders.
General Treatment Eligibility Guidelines
- Substance use and related co-occurring disorders
- Cognitive ability to understand and voluntarily participate in treatment plan
- Must have identified treatment needs that can be met by the program and a willingness to engage the services provided.
Status Updates (via Zoom - see Zoom link below)
Tuesday - Women
12:30pm - AIW (the 4th Tuesday of the month only)
3:30pm - Inpatient
4:30pm - Outpatient
Wednesday - Men
3pm - Inpatient
4pm - Outpatient
The Court’s Zoom session can be accessed at: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2178879569